Winnie-the-Pooh and its Phenomenal Quotes

I am a self-proclaimed Disney nerd! I have been to Disneyland Paris multiple times, and have visited both Disneyland and Disney World in the United States in the past. My sister and I will also inevitably belt out all the Disney songs we can whenever we go on a road trip together. One of my absolute favourite films is 'Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh', and whilst talking with my boss last summer we discovered that the film has some incredible quotes. So without further ado, here are my top 10 quotes from the brilliant film franchise.

1. The things that make me different are the things that make me, Me!


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/235031674280085273/?lp=true

This is one of my favourite quotes ever, and I loved it so much that I actually got it as my first tattoo. I like that it's so simple, and that it is not necessarily something you associate with the Disney universe. It's one of those phrases that can be said about anything. I like that despite it all, it makes you smile.

2. You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.


https://www.storemypic.com/image/youre-braver-you-believe-stronger-you-seem-and-smarter-you-t.r2c4

Sometimes people need a pick me up. Sometimes they've been beaten down so far that they've hit rock bottom. When that occurs, this is an amazing quote to be heard, so that they can start to see what an amazing person they truly are, and so they can once more start to believe in themselves and their abilities.

3. I always get to where I'm going by walking away from where I have been.


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/726909196080131654/?lp=true

This quote leads perfectly on from the last, because it reminds me of people who've had to have the strength to leave a situation, where that be a job or a relationship, for instance. Those times can be intimidating, but if you simply start to walk, and you're in the right mindset to do the walking, you'll get to where you need to be, wherever that may be.

4. A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes a big difference.


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/860539441273725520/?lp=true

I have the philosophy that no matter what you are going through, there is always someone who is worse off than you, and this quote reminds me of that. If we could all just think about someone else other than ourselves for one moment each day, the world would surely be a better place, and we would better ourselves because of it.

5. How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.


http://clashwords.blogspot.com/2015/11/how-lucky-i-am-to-have-something-makes.html

I hope that everyone can relate to this quote in some sense, whether that be with friends, family, or even their pets (which lets be real are family in themselves). For me, I am grateful that it is hard to say goodbye to all three of these. I have an amazing family with my animals at home, and a great support system of friends whilst at university, and for that I am the luckiest person in the world.

6. Life is a journey to be experience, not a problem to be solved.


https://www.pinterest.com/mbhypno/mark-bowden-hypnotherapy/

Sometimes people, myself included, want to skip to the end of a chapter or story and know what happens immediately, without having to deal with the middle part. But that's not how life works. There's no skipping ahead. There's no knowing what might come in the future. So far now, you just have to work on what's in your control, and worry about the other stuff later.

7. When all else fails, take a nap.


https://me.me/i/when-all-else-fails-take-a-nap-4081117

This quote just makes me laugh, because it suits a university students lifestyle so well. With the number of times that we all don't get a great night's sleep, a mid-afternoon nap can fix everything. Even when we've had a good night's sleep, a nap is still sometimes in order, and we are always very grateful for one.

8. A day without laughter is a day wasted.


https://www.pinterest.com/?show_error=true

As a person who tries to have an optimistic and positive outlook on life, I certainly believe in this quote. Laughter can bring great joy and happiness to the world, and we can all use a little more of that in our lives. Laughter can make any situation lighter, and seem less serious, which at times is just what the doctor ordered.

9. We didn't realise we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.


https://www.hercampus.com/school/unh/32-winnie-pooh-quotes-are-actually-so-relevant

This quote makes me feel nostalgic, and reminds me of my childhood days when we didn't care about photos or likes, and simply lived in the moment. One of the worst things that has sprung from the internet age, is the saying that "if you didn't take a photo of it, did it really happen?" I do still try to stay in the moment when going to cool and different places, and this quote just makes me want to continue with that pursuit this year.

10. Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.


https://www.storemypic.com/image/rivers-know-there-no-hurry-we-shall-get-there-someday.zjxH

There is that common thread of thought that everything happens in its own time, and everyone's timelines are different. And this quote further expresses that. So don't rush, take your time. Just because you aren't where your peers might be at the same age, doesn't mean you won't get there in the end. Everyone has their own speed and timeline.

Comments